Aboriginal graduates all around Australia are working in a variety of careers. Teachers, doctors, lawyers, nurses, managers in government, business and Aboriginal organisations; the opportunities are huge.
You have the chance to join the growing number of indigenous students from the mid north coast who are undertaking a university degree, or following a TAFE to uni pathway. Many are the first in their family to take on tertiary study.
A university degree will:
- help you access a rewarding job, and
- give you the skills to make a difference to the community and the lives of those around you.
And going to uni is easier than you think.
- There are options available if you haven’t completed school or didn’t receive the required marks for uni entry.
- Depending on your circumstances you may be able to apply directly to uni without meeting the University Admissions Centre requirements.
- Financial support may also be available.
- And once you’re at university, you’ll have access to support and mentoring, as well friendly meeting places for indigenous students and staff.