Study on a Local Campus
Did you know there are two local university campuses right here on the mid north coast, at Port Macquarie? They are The University of Newcastle, and Charles Sturt University.
There are heaps of advantages to studying locally, and the variety of courses available continues to grow. Universities are also working with local TAFE campuses to allow for combined study options or pathway processes from TAFE to university.
Studying from a local campus has some great benefits:
- You have regular face-to-face contact with educators and other students without having to move away from the area.
- You can save money by staying put, because you won’t have the accommodation, relocation and transport costs of moving away.
- You won’t be hours away from family and friends, who can be a great support when you’re studying.
- If you have a job, you may be able to continue working while studying.
- You won’t need to give up other activities you’re involved with locally, such as sports or community groups.
What courses are available?
The number of options to study at a local campus is growing. Take a look below at the courses currently available to see if there is something here that suits you.
Charles Sturt University currently offers the following courses from its Port Macquarie campus:
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor of Accounting – TAFE Articulated
- Bachelor of Accounting – TAFE Integrated
- Bachelor of Business Studies
- Bachelor of Clinical Practice (Paramedic)
- Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Health & Rehabilitation Science - TAFE Articulated
- Bachelor of Health & Rehabilitation Science - TAFE Integrated
- Bachelor of Justice Studies (Policing)
- Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Medical Imaging)
- Bachelor of Social Work - TAFE Articulated
- Bachelor of Social Work - TAFE Integrated
The University of Newcastle currently offers the following courses from its Port Macquarie campus: